Wandsworth Independent Living Forum (WILF)
Wandsworth Independent Living Forum (WILF) is a User Led Organisation comprising individual disabled people, their carers and Disabled People's Organisations (DPOs).
WILF aims to support and promote independent living for all disabled people in the borough of Wandsworth, whatever their impairment or age. WILF works on the concept of the social model of disability - that equality is possible and can be achieved by removing barriers to social inclusion.
WILF recognises that disabled people themselves have local knowledge and expertise of what it is like to be disabled and therefore have useful information about this to give to other disabled people and non-disabled people. Independent living is about the support needed by disabled people that non-disabled people take for granted.
- Wandsworth Independent Living Forum
- Service Type:
- Advice and Advocacy
- Primary Client Group:
- Physical Disability
- Services For:
- People with learning disabilities
- People with long-term conditions
- People with mental health needs
- People with physical disabilities
- People with sensory disabilities
- It is free to join WILF. For further information about joining please visit their website.
This page was last updated on 19 July 2019