RNIB Technology Support Squad
RNIB's Technology Support Squad is a free national service that can set up and help you use your technology, including everything from TVs, phones and audio labellers to Talking Book players and more.
If you're blind or partially sighted and having trouble setting up or getting the most out of your technology, RNIB's Technology Support Squad can help. The service has over 800 volunteers across the UK who can give you advice over the phone or visit you at home. They can help with:
-Tuning in your digital radio
-Learning to use your landline or mobile phone
-Getting the most from Freeview, satellite or cable TV and your DVD player
- Setting up audio description
-Getting started with a computer or laptop
- Installing a printer and setting up your internet and computer software
-Investigating and fixing problems with an existing computer
-Using your eBook reader or DAISY Talking Book
This is only a handful of the ways that the volunteers could help you. If you have a new technology product or gadget and you don't know how to set it up or access the basic features, just ask the service for help. No problem is too small.
- 105 Judd Street, London, WC1H 9NE (directions displayed on map)
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
- Service Type:
- Advice and Advocacy
- Services For:
- People with sensory disabilities
- This service is for blind and partially sighted people only.
This page was last updated on 26 June 2018