A guide to choosing and paying for a care home in Hounslow (including Nursing Homes, Sheltered Schemes and Extra Care)
If, because of age, illness or disability, you are considering residential care, you need to know what options are available, how they can be funded and how to choose the best solution for your individual circumstances. You can download a booklet here that contains lots of useful information that will assist you in making a decision.
- the different types of residential care including care homes with and without nursing support, Sheltered Housing and Extra Care schemes
- how to research options including using Care Quality Commission resources
- funding residential care
- the Financial Assessment process
- how your contribution is calculated
- under what circumstances care is funded by the NHS
- other sources of advice
- useful contacts
Who is this information for?
- people who can no longer live independently at home
- people for whom care and support in their own home is no longer enough
- their family and carers
- people who work for the council or the health service
- voluntary organisations and other organisations who work with adults
A Needs Assessment may help you to find out what practical, financial or emotional support is be available to you. Assessments can now be submitted safely and securely, online using Autonomy, the Council's online assessment portal.
Autonomy also hosts a Financial Assessment Calculator which can be used to find out the likely cost of residential and non-residential care. The assessment can be submitted securely to the council or kept for your own information.
- London Borough Of Hounslow
- Service Type:
- Supported Living
- Services For:
- Older people
- People with dementia
This page was last updated on 26 April 2019