Project SEARCH – work experience/internship programme for young people with learning disabilities (London Borough of Hounslow)
Do you want to work but need help?
Project SEARCH could be for you if you are looking for an intensive job coaching programme with progression into paid work and:
- are aged 18-24 years of age
- have completed your final year of school education
- have evidence of learning difficulties or disabilities
What is Project Search?
Project SEARCH is a supported internship programme to help young people with learning difficulties or disabilities secure and keep paid permanent jobs. It is a unique, business-led, one-year, school-to-work programme that takes place entirely at the workplace.
Project Search Interns spend the major part of their day working in a Council department with the support of a Skills Trainer, with the remainder spent in the classroom consolidating work skills and working towards a City & Guilds qualification in Employability Skills (planning for progression, effective communication and searching for a job).
How can I find out more?
A leaflet with further information may be downloaded here. For more information or advice, you can call Nicky Bitar on 020 8583 6144 or email
How do I apply?
The Project Search course begins 9 September 2019
Other useful links
Work Hounslow - jobs, careers, traineeships, apprenticeships, skills and training information
Employment Opportunities Service - support for people with a disability in Hounslow
- London Borough of Hounslow, Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow, TW3 3EB (directions displayed on map)
- London Borough Of Hounslow
- Service Type:
- Education and Employment
- West Thames College Project Search page
- Services For:
- People with autism spectrum needs
- People with learning disabilities
- People with mental health needs
- Young adults
- Age Groups:
- Young adults
The following documents related to this service are available for download:
This page was last updated on 15 August 2019