Employment Opportunities Service (support for people with a disability in Hounslow)
The Employment Opportunities Service aims to support people with a disability to find and retain paid employment. If you are looking for paid work or want to take steps towards paid work, then the Employment Opportunities Service may be able to help.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to use the service you have to be of working age, living or working in the London Borough of Hounslow and be covered by the Equality Act 2010 definition of disability.
How we can help
Here are some examples of the support that we can provide:
- Vocational profiling to help you to identify the type of work that matches your abilities and interests
- Advice on how to search for jobs effectively
- Advice on producing an effective CV, supporting statements and covering letters
- Advice on voluntary work, apprenticeships, work placements and other means to take steps towards paid employment
- Advice on what practical support will be available to you once you start work including information on Access to Work
- Help to negotiate adjustments with a prospective employer
- Information on the Equality Act and your rights
- Information on benefits in relation to employment
- Signposting to organisations that can provide additional help
We also help you to stay in work by offering:
- Support to both you and your employer to identify and put in place adjustments to overcome disability-related barriers to success at work
- Advice on Access to Work and funding of extra costs.
- Help to negotiate with your employer
- Representation at meetings
- Help to resolve disputes
- Arrangement of job coaching and other training
- Information on the Equality Act and your rights at work
How to access this service
If you think we might be able to help you, please use the contact information on this page to get in touch.
- London Borough of Hounslow, Employment Opportunities Service, TW3 3EB (directions displayed on map)
- London Borough Of Hounslow
- Service Type:
- Education and Employment
- Help to find a job
- Public sector
- Services For:
- People with autism spectrum needs
- People with learning disabilities
- People with long-term conditions
- People with mental health needs
- People with physical disabilities
- People with sensory disabilities
The following documents related to this service are available for download:
This page was last updated on 30 May 2019