Meadow House Hospice ( Ealing & Hounslow Specialist Palliative Care Service)
Meadow House Hospice is the centre for the Ealing and Hounslow Specialist Palliative Care Service. Established in 1987 by Maria Brennan MBE, the Service currently provides care and support to specialist palliative care patients and their families in the London Boroughs of Ealing and Hounslow.
Specialist palliative care aims to:
- Affirm life and to regard dying as a normal process
- Provide relief from pain and other distressing symptoms
- Integrate the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care
- Offer a support system to help patients live as actively as possible until death
- Offer a support system to help the family/carers cope during the patient’s illness and in their own bereavement.
The service is provided through:
- two community nursing teams (10 whole time equivalent clinical nurse specialists)
- a 15 bedded inpatient unit at Meadow House
- links with the Specialist Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Specialists at our two local hospitals (West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust and Ealing Hospital NHS Trust)
- Day Hospice (15 places, three days a week)
- affiliated services such as the Lymphoedema Service and the Macmillan Bereavement Service.
The National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) defines specialist palliative care as: the active holistic care of patients with advanced progressive illness. Management of pain and other symptoms, alongside provision of psychological, social and spiritual support, is paramount.
The service receives a significant contribution to its work from a large and active group of dedicated volunteers. We are also very privileged to have the support of many local individuals and businesses whose kind and generous fundraising is invaluable
support to our staff and patients.
- Meadow House Hospice, Uxbridge Road, Middlesex, UB1 3HW (directions displayed on map)
- London North West Healthcare NHS Trust
- Service Type:
- Residential and Nursing Care
- Public sector
- This service is free at the point of delivery and is funded by the National Health Service.
- Total registered beds:
- Services For:
- People with long-term conditions
This page was last updated on 07 June 2019