Dial-A-Ride - free door-to-door transport for people with a disability (Hounslow Council)
Transport for London in association with Hounslow Council provides Dial- A-Ride which is a free door-to-door transport service for people with permanent or long-term disabilities who are unable to use public transport.
Once you are picked up, you will usually be expected to travel with other passengers going in the same direction.
Your journey may therefore take longer as others are picked up or dropped off on the way to your destination. Dial a ride is generally best for local trips but longer journeys can often be arranged on request.
Becoming a member / Who is eligible
To be eligible you must have a permanent or long-term disability which makes you unable or virtually unable to use public transport services.
You are automatically eligible for membership if you are:
- A Taxicard member
- Getting the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- Getting the Standard or Enhanced Mobility Rate of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Aged 85 or over
- Getting a Higher Rate Attendance Allowance
- Getting a War Pension Mobility Supplement
Your mobility may therefore need to be assessed to find out your level of difficulty using public transport.
For further information on Dial-A-Ride please click here.
If none of the above apply to you, you may still be able to join Dial-a-Ride but you will have to undergo a paper-based mobility assessment to establish your eligibility for the service.
How to apply
You can apply for Dial-a-Ride membership if you are a permanent or temporary resident of the London borough. If you are applying for temporary membership, you will need to provide evidence of your membership of a similar door-to-door service for disabled travellers at your place of residence in order to qualify for the London Dial-a-Ride service.
Post the completed form to:
PO Box 68799
You can also phone us on 0343 222 777 to request an application form,
How to book
Once you're a member you can make Dial-a-Ride bookings by email, telephone or post. For further information on bookings please click here.
- Dial-a-Ride London, tw3 4dn (directions displayed on map)
- Dial-A-Ride (Transport for London)
- Service Type:
- Transport services
- Dial-a-Ride (Transport for London)
- Opening Times:
- 09:00 to 16:00 Monday to Friday
- Services For:
- Carers (Under 18)
- Older people
- People with autism spectrum needs
- People with dementia
- People with learning disabilities
- People with long-term conditions
- People with mental health needs
- People with physical disabilities
- People with sensory disabilities
This page was last updated on 23 May 2019